Ed Henderson Police Escorted Ride
2021 Ed Henderson Memorial Ride!
This ride has been re-named in honor of the Bikes on the Bricks President and one of the founders of the event – Ed Henderson.
Ed helped organize the event in 2007, and when the event turned into it’s own 501C3 non-profit, he headed the board as President the entire time. Ed passed away in August 2021 and it’s only fiting that the ride is named after him, since the ride was his idea!
Motorcyclists from all over agree this is one of the best police-escorted rides in the area. Speeds vary up to a maximum of 40mph with intersections blocked so no vehicles are mixed with bikes. Turns are kept to a minimum to reduce the “rubber band” effect.
The cost for participating is $20 for each rider and passenger. All proceeds go to various charities in the Flint Metro Area.
2021 Ride Details
DATE: Saturday, September 11th, 2021
TIME: 11:00 a.m
LOCATION: Vehicle City Harley-Davidson
Route Info: 2021 Ride Route and Map
2021 Bikes on the Bricks Ride Route:
- From Vehicle City Harley
- Northbound on Austins Parkway to Hogarth Ave.
- Westbound on Hogarth Ave. which turns into Utley Rd.
- Utley Rd. to Augusta St. turn left heading westbound.
- Augusta St. to Graham Rd., turn right to head northbound.
- Graham Rd. northbound to Beecher Rd. then turn left.
- Beecher Rd. westbound to Sheridan Ave. (M13)., turn right to head North.
- Sheridan northbound to Lake Rd. then turn right
- Lake Rd. eastbound to Seymour Rd. then turn right
- Seymour Rd. southbound to Mt. Morris Rd. then turn left.
- Morris Rd. eastbound to Elms Rd. then turn right.
- Elms Rd. southbound to Court St. then turn left
- Court St. eastbound (turns into 5th) to S. Saginaw St. then turn left
- Saginaw St. northbound to downtown Flint.
We would like to thank the following for their support:
- City of Flint
- City of Burton
- Flint Police Department
- Flint Township Board
- Flint Township Police Department
- Genesee County Sherriff’s Department
- Genesee Township Board
- Genesee Township Police Department
- Burton Police Department